There are many reasons why you might need to send money to Cameroon from Nigeria. You may have family or friends living in Cameroon who need financial assistance. Or you might be a business owner who needs to send money to your suppliers or employees.
While all of these are great reasons to make a money transfer, the process is hardly easy, which may discourage you from sending money or create challenges for your business operations to continue.
2 ways to send money to Cameroon
There are two main ways to send money to Cameroon from Nigeria: through a bank or through a money transfer service.
- Bank transfers
Bank transfers are typically the most expensive way to send money internationally, but they are also quite secure. To send a bank transfer, you'll need to visit your bank branch and provide them with the recipient's bank account information. The transfer will typically take a few days to complete.
- Money transfer services
Money transfer services are a more affordable way to send money internationally than bank transfers, but you’ll need to do your due diligence to confirm the credibility of the service you want to go with. There are many different money transfer services available such as Western Union, Wise, and Afriex.
When choosing a money transfer service, you’ll need to consider if it’s accessible in your country and the recipient’s country. Additionally, you should consider factors like ease of sign-up, exchange rates, and how fast their payments are processed.
- Mobile money
Mobile money is a newer way to send money internationally, but it is quickly becoming more popular.
Mobile money services allow you to send money directly to a mobile phone number. The recipient can then withdraw the money from a mobile money agent or ATM.
Mobile money transfers are typically very fast and affordable. However, it's important to note that not all mobile money services are available in Cameroon.
Send money to Cameroon from Nigeria with Afriex
Afriex is a money transfer app that allows you to make free money transfers from Nigeria to Cameroon. It’s fast and secure, and you can complete transfers on your phone in minutes. Here are four reasons you should go with Afriex for your money transfer:
- Speed: 90% of our transactions are completed in 1 minute.
- Cost: Transferring money with Afriex is free, we don’t charge you to send or receive money
- Convenience: Our mobile app is very easy to use, even if you’re not tech-savvy
- Security: Afriex is PCI compliant, meaning we encrypt all personal data, along with multi-stage verification and bank-level security. Protect all of your payments and investments with a passcode and secure login.
- Support: We provide you with 24/7 support for all your concerns.
To send money from Nigeria to Cameroon is quite straightforward with Afriex, here’s how to get it done:
- Download the Afriex app from the Google Play Store or App Store.
- Create an account by providing your name, email, and phone number. Verify your account to confirm your identity.
- Connect your bank account or debit card information. This is where the money you're transferring will be deducted from.
- Make a transfer. To make a transfer, you'll need the recipient's bank account number or phone number if they are an Afriex user. Enter these details and the amount of money you want to transfer.
- Review and confirm the transfer. Once you're happy with the transfer details, review and confirm the transfer.
That's it! You've successfully sent money to Ethiopia from Nigeria using the Afriex app.
Enjoy free and fast money transfers to Cameroon with Afriex
At Afriex, we believe that sending money should be as easy as sending a text message. We make that possible for you by making it easy for you to send and receive money in countries like Nigeria, Ghana, Ethiopia, Kenya, Ivory Coast, Cameroon, USA, UK, and Canada. Try Afriex today.