At Afriex, we are committed to providing inclusive and accessible money transfer services to people from diverse backgrounds. We want immigrants in the US to be able to send money easily to Nigeria, Ghana, Uganda, Kenya, Cameroon, Ethiopia, Haiti and Ivory Coast even if they don't have an SSN.
We understand that not everyone has a Social Security Number (SSN), and we believe it should not be a barrier to using our platform.
In this post, we'll explain how non-SSN holders can register and use Afriex, using their ITIN (Individual Tax Identification Number).
We'll also provide information on how to obtain an ITIN if you don't already have one. Let's get started!
What is an ITIN?
The Individual Tax Identification Number (ITIN) is a nine-digit tax processing number issued by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) in the United States. It is designed for individuals who don't have and are not eligible to obtain an SSN. The ITIN serves as a unique identifier for tax purposes and allows individuals to comply with tax obligations.
Registering with Afriex using an ITIN:
Afriex accepts both SSN and ITIN so if you don't have an SSN but possess an ITIN, you can still register and use Afriex to send money home to your loved ones.
During the registration process, when prompted for an Identification number, simply enter your ITIN if your SSN isn't available.
The ITIN functions similarly to an SSN and enables you to create an account and enjoy the benefits of our money transfer services.
How to get your ITIN:
If you don't have an ITIN yet, obtaining one is a straightforward process. Here are the steps to follow:
1. Complete Form W-7: Download Form W-7, Application for IRS Individual Taxpayer Identification Number, from the IRS website or visit a local IRS office to obtain a physical copy.
2. Gather Required Documents: Along with Form W-7, you'll need to provide supporting documentation to verify your identity and foreign status. This may include a valid passport, birth certificate, or other documents specified by the IRS.
3. Submit Your Application: Once you have completed Form W-7 and gathered the necessary documents, submit your application to the IRS. You can do this by mail or in person at an IRS office.
4. Wait for Processing: The IRS will review your application and, if approved, will assign you an ITIN. The processing time can vary, so be sure to allow sufficient time for the IRS to process your application.
5. Register with Afriex: Once you have your ITIN, proceed with the Afriex registration process, enter your newly acquired ITIN to verify your KYC and start sending money to over 12 countries easily.
Enjoying the Benefits of Afriex:
By using Afriex with your ITIN, you can send and receive money for free, conveniently, securely, and at competitive rates. Our user-friendly platform ensures a seamless experience, allowing you to support your loved ones and manage your finances effectively.
Download the Afriex app now to send and receive money in minutes.
PS: This article provides general information and guidance. It is recommended to consult with a tax professional or the IRS for personalized advice and the most up-to-date information regarding ITIN registration.