To apply read the how to apply section and email email@example.com
At Afriex, our mission is to remove the friction of sending money across borders and to level the economic playing field on a global scale. To achieve this we are building a global payment network: a scalable and usable infrastructure that integrates existing fiat and crypto payment networks, including but not limited to crypto exchanges, banks, card processors, and public blockchains. We believe that cryptocurrency will set a new standard for secure online payments, giving individuals and merchants a seamless way to transact with anybody in the world.
Why work at Afriex?
- Values: We are building technology that makes a positive social impact on people around the world. We have created an inclusive and supportive work environment, where we all have the resources to learn, grow, and work collaboratively to improve the state of the world today.
- Mentorship: We believe in investing in your growth as an engineer. Especially as you begin, you will be collaborating closely with several members of our small team and we’ll work together to help you gain the domain knowledge you need to grow into increasing independence in the role.
- Flexibility: We are a small, fully remote, focused team, offering maximum flexibility and minimum bureaucracy. If you’re able to attend meetings from 11 am to 3 pm Eastern / 9 am to 12 pm Pacific, collaborate effectively, and do your work; when and where you work are up to you. We encourage you to value your life’s balance.
- Benefits: We offer a competitive full-time salary (we can also pay in crypto), substantial equity in the company, a funded bring-your-own-device (BYOD) policy, and unlimited time off.
- Impact: You will be working to solve meaningful, never-before-solved challenges with a world-class team of engineers in the fields of fintech and blockchain technology with lots of room for creativity and invention… and we’re excited to learn from the unique insights that you will bring.
You might be a great fit for the role of Product Manager if…
You have experience building or managing teams to build innovative consumer products
In this role you will collaborate with an amazing cross-functional team of engineers, marketers, designers, customer service and sales and be actively involved in strategic direction and production decisions for an emerging company. In short, you must be able to demonstrate great leadership and organizational skills.
You hold yourself and others to a high bar when working with production systems
You will design, build and maintain APIs, user-facing experiences, services, and systems. You will design core-money-movement infrastructure, data pipelines, banking systems, and more. You will leverage the best of Afriex’s stack and build from the ground up when needed.
You thrive in a collaborative environment involving different stakeholders and subject matter experts
Implementing a production-ready financial platform is difficult interdisciplinary work. We’re seeking someone who’s up to the challenge. You should not be afraid to ask a lot of questions. At the same time, you should have the drive and the organizational skills to take charge of your learning. We’ll work together to strike a healthy balance between collaboration and independence.
You have strong skills for asynchronous communication and remote work
Work at Afriex has always been asynchronous and fully remote, and will continue to be so after the COVID-19 pandemic’s travel restrictions are over. We’re looking for an empathetic person who doesn’t mind collaborating asynchronously, with the excellent verbal and written communication skills necessary to thrive in that environment. After it is safe to travel, we plan to bring the team together in person approximately once per quarter (but we won’t be doing that until it is safe).
Different professional or academic backgrounds are welcomed
Please consider applying even if you don’t have:
- a traditional product management background,
- X years of experience in Blockchain technology,
- Experience with cryptocurrencies, distributed systems, fintech, or any of the other specific domain details of our work: none of us came in knowing everything, either.
You should have:
- Strong experience with publicly available software products that you can point to.
How to apply and what to expect
- Apply by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org:
- your name,
- your resume or CV (no page limit),
- a brief cover letter describing your interest in the role, and
- a sample or description of your product work. Your work sample can be one or more public links to products you’ve worked on, or if your best work has happened behind closed doors, it can be a description of the work you did in enough detail for us to understand it.
- Initial interview: We’ll chat with you about your background, prior experience, motivation for working at Afriex, and other introductory things. This call is about getting to know you on your terms. After the call, we’ll send you a short take-home assignment, this assignment is more of an opinion piece and should only take 30 minutes to 1 hour. It is meant to measure general product sense and communication skills. It is also used as a good discussion point for the rest of the interview.
- Technical interview: In this interview, You’ll meet with an Afriex team member, Investor or advisor to discuss product problems. The questions will be similiar to questions as seen in the book 'Cracking the PM interview'. We don’t expect you to know the answer to every question we might ask—an impressive technical interview might just as much mean that you asked insightful questions as that you had insightful answers.
- Final team interview: After the technical interview, we’ll let you know whether we’re interested in moving forward to a final interview where you’ll get an opportunity to talk to the entire team at Afriex. We’ll ask you more questions about your leadership and organizational experience and you’ll be able to ask any questions you still have about our culture, our plans, our upcoming technical challenges, and whatever else comes to your mind.
- Offer: After the final interview, we’ll let you know whether we’re interested in extending an offer. If we extend an offer, our team members will continue to be available for you to ask anyone any questions that might have come up for you since the last interview.
All of our interviews will be conducted over video chat.
We want you to be comfortably able to show yourself off in the best possible light. If there are any accommodations we can make during the interview process to make things easier for you, please let us know. At any point, please feel free to email any questions to email@example.com.
We look forward to meeting you!
Afriex is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.